How to recover data from water damaged iPhone? - Android Fans

#1 Old 11-23-2014, 04:32 AM

How to recover data from water damaged iPhone?

As we all know that iPhone is not waterproof. If you drop your iPhone into water, you may worry that is there any way to recover data from the water-damaged iPhone? Like the below Yasmin:

"Water damaged iphone 5, what should I do?
ok so I was on holiday and my phone went into the sea and was submerged for a good few minutes. It wont turn on, I'm pretty sure it's completely wrecked and I just wanted to know what I do now? Like if I take it to a phone/ apple store can they recover data or do I literally have to buy a whole new phone? - Yasmin"

In fact, you don't worry, if you have a backup on iTunes or iCloud, you can extract data from iPhone iTunes/iCloud backup, if not, as long as the iPhone can be recognized by computer, you can retrieve data from iPhone directly, but all this need a program help, named FoneLab or FoneLab Mac.

Introduce the way to recover data from water damaged iPhone

Step 1: Scan the water damaged iPhone
Install the FoneLab and run it, select the "Recover from iTunes Backup file", Choose the backup file and Click Start Scan. If you have backup files in your iCloud Backup File, choose Recover from iCloud Backup File and sign in to your iCloud account. Select the backup file you need and download. After downloading, click Start Scan.

Step 2: Select data to be recovered
Once the scanning process is finished, all contents will be scanned and classified in different categories. You can choose the category on the left side of the software, and view all contents under this category.

Select the items you need and click the “Recover” button to start recovering files to computer. For example, if you want to recover photos in Camera Roll, click Camera Roll on the left, then check photos you want and click Recover. Now you have recovered photos from your water damaged iPhone.

If you have no backup file on iTunes or iCloud, you can connect your iPhone to computer, if the iPhone can be detected, you can try to recover data from iPhone directly through the "Recover from iOS Device" mode. This recovery mode you can try it by yourself.

Tags: recover data from water damaged iPhone, water damaged iPhone, retrieve water damaged iPhone data
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2015, 08:15 AM

If you have iTunes backups, you can recover and extract data from iPhone with your iTunes.
how to recover data from water damaged iPhone, Follow the steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer (iTunes installed)
iTunes will pop up when it recognize your iPhone and show the information of your iPhone.
2. You can find the option to restore your iPhone and you are allowed to choose the backup file
3. Restore your iPhone with iTunes and you will get the lost data back to your iPhone easily.

If it can't help, you can use iPhone recovery.
how to recover data from dead iPhone
how to get iPhone out of recovery mode

Last edited by layour1; 10-27-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Android Fans forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page