Best way to rip DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV
Why do you need to backup DVDs to External Hard Drive?
1. DVD is vulnerable to be scratched and even damaged due to day-after-day wear and tear. To make DVD ripped on External Hard Drive your precious DVDs in a safe way.
2. If you are fascinated with a DVD movie borrowed from a friend or rent from a DVD store, to rip DVD to External Hard Drive can help you save the movie to hard drive externally to watch it anytime you want without worrying about when to return it.
3. I have a bookshelf of DVD movies, if I convert my DVD into an external drive, I can get them to fit in my palm for easily find what I need.
Apart from the above, you may want to get perfect flat-screen display for your home theater, and choose HDTV for watching your storaged DVDs on external hard drive. So this guide will give you an easy way to copy DVDs to External Hard Drive and play DVD backups on HDTV.
Great News!!! Pavtube Software officially released its 2014 Christmas Deal. UP to 50% off is provided lasting to January 31th 2015. Don't miss it! And find more 2014 Christmas Crazy Promotion at Pavtube Facebook.
At first, Pavtube DVDAid is highly recommended which makes it extremely easy to rip your DVD to External Hard Drive/HDTV friendly format. I have used Pavtube DVD ripping software to copy a blu ray disc onto an external hard drive, which I then connect to my Samsung Smart TV to watch the 1080P movies. Every work is fine and easy. Here is the simple tutorial.
Four Steps to Convert DVD to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV
1. Launch Pavtube DVDAid and click “Load Disc” button to load DVD discs;
2. Select the main title and set subtitles/audio language you'd like to preserve.
3. Select a format for conversion. To convert DVD to External Hard Drive/HDTV supported video, press on "Format" and choose "H.264 Video(*.mp4)" or "DivX AVI - Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)" or "MKV(Matroska) Video (*.mkv)" format from "Common Video" option.
4. Start ripping DVD movie to Divx AVI/MKV/MP4 format.
Click "Convert" to start copy your DVD discs. After conversion completes, press "Open" to locate resulted avi/mkv/mp4 files. Copy them to external hard drive and then transfer them to HDTV for watching.